I haven't regularly updated a blog for a long time now. I am told that it is frowned upon to blog if you are an academic. We have professional images to maintain after all. Moreover, why put a lot of work into something that is not academically published? Well, rest assured, I don't plan to put a lot of work into this.
Thoughts occur to me now and again that aren't particularly academia related and that I don't really feel like repeating to everyone I know. Blogging is always a conceit. After all, who cares what I think. And I'm with you on that: who cares? Yet, people always ask me what I think about X? (out of politeness or genuine interest I'll never know)
I used to blog my opinions about politics. I'm going to mostly keep those to myself. But every day life is full of interesting details, odd paradoxes, and completely incomprehensible events. Hopefully, jotting things down will help make sense of some of this. If no one else but me gets anything out of this, that will be fine. If someone else gets some benefit, all the better.